Survivor Evolution
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Season I

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
IMMUNITY TONIGHT AT 7 PM EST!!!

Technical Support

Go down 
AuthorMessage
John Probst
Admin
John Probst

Technical Support Empty
PostSubject: Technical Support   Technical Support Icon_minitimeSun Oct 10, 2021 1:25 pm

Helpful Tips & Suggestions

Thank you for signing up for this season. In order to get the most out of the forum, it is important to keep a few things in mind.

How do I upload an avatar?
On the top of the forum, you will click “Profile”, then “Avatar”, and then you will have upload options. If you want a GIF as a pic, make sure to use the “link to an off-site avatar” option.

How do I message individuals?
In the section titled Private Areas, you will discover all the one-on-one rooms you have with your current tribemates. These are the only individuals you are allowed to contact at this point in the game. You may post in those private areas and the only people who can see those sections are the people listed and the hosts.

How do I post a picture or GIF on the threads?
To do this, you will type the following
Code:
[img]URLofPICTUREgoesHERE[/img]
You will add the image link there.

You may also upload directly from your phone or computer.

Right above the text area is a toolbar with various buttons. There is an icon of a computer near a floppy disk. Clicking this will direct you to an upload page where you may post directly from your phone/computer. This will produce an image URL that you may use with the img code (shown above).

If I am on my phone should I use mobile version or desktop?
Never use mobile version unless you love suffering. It’s just so ugly. More power to you if you can navigate through it. But no, if you’re directed to the mobile version, please change to desktop view.

If you’re stuck in mobile, you will click on the top right button (it looks like three horizontal lines) and click “web version”. You’re welcome.

What preferences should I have saved?
First, to get to the preferences, on the top of the forum you will click “Profile” and then “Preferences”. Here are the main ones to focus on:

Allow members to contact me by e-mail: Set this to no if it’s not already.
Hide my online status: This is entirely up to you. Some users prefer to browse the forum anonymously, some users don’t mind their name showing up. There are pros and cons of each. I’ll leave that up to you.
Display a notification when new replies are written: Set this to no. Trust me, this will help you later down the line in competitions.
Timezone: I would recommend setting this to eastern time zone if possible (I use New York), as all times will be posted in Eastern.
Date format: I highly recommend the third option, the format with the date and time (the time will display seconds which will be important in seeing who posts first).

Every other setting is up to you.

How do I stop these email notifications?
On the top of the forum, click “Profile”, then “Notifications”, then uncheck any boxes under the email column that you wish to stop receiving notifications about.

If you have any other technical questions, feel free to ask them here or in private.
Back to top Go down
https://survivorevolution.forumotion.com

Technical Support
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Survivor Evolution :: Public Areas :: Welcome Center-
Jump to: